He Kept Asking
We (my son and I) were reading about David and Goliath this morning. There was something that surprised me when reading though. What would be promised to the one who kills Goliath was mentioned several times. First the Israelites were speaking of it, then David asked about it twice (see 1 Samuel 17: 25-30).
I was surprised because I had never noticed HOW much this was mentioned before; then wondered today WHY it was given SO MUCH importance.
David asked twice about what was promised. He wouldn't let that good thing be kept from him (when his brother tried to sideline him). He sought to gain clarity on what good was promised (to make sure he understood what was promised).
Thank You Jesus for such understanding You give!
Sidenote: If any of the writing on this blog has made a good impact on your life in someway (EVEN if it was something you may have enjoyed reading for a particular reason), please feel free to share this blog with someone else who could be blessed also. Thank you for your support!
Comments
Post a Comment